Thursday, September 27, 2012

Green Tea


Photo from Ella's Edge

Quiet, as I sit down
Knees folding 
Like an origami crane.
I was crisp and temporary
in that moment
When you set that tea cup
And I turn it this way
A little that way.

I close my eyes and take a sip
green leaves whirl
at the bottom
As silent as my wishes.


I have enjoyed tea ceremony with my Japanese friends
and they showed me how to appreciate the moment. I like the bitter tea
and the tiny sweet cake that accompanies it.
 Of course with coffee I take it large,creamy and sweet.;)
Great prompt. So satisfying...
Photo courtesy of Ella's Edge.

My offering for Poets United...



8 comments:

  1. This is beautiful. I love the image of a person sitting down, knees folded like an origami crane! Your poem (and afterwords)REALLY made me want to experience a tea ceremony!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome post. I love the tea ceremony it's so meditative and esthetic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amidemanila, I love the quiet beauty in your words. It is peaceful, like having tea. I love these lines:
    "Quiet, as I sit down
    Knees folding
    Like an origami crane."

    Then the ending:
    "I close my eyes and take a sip
    green leaves whirl
    at the bottom
    As silent as my wishes."

    There is a bittersweet feeling here! Well Done :D (off to make tea :D)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is as replenishing as a good cup of tea. I especially loved "knees folding like an origami crane".....and "as silent as my wishes...." Beautiful, with the feeling of a formal tea ceremony. Most beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Like an origami crane" is your poem elegant and graceful...Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  6. So delicate and tender...a beautiful offering for the prompt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah - very pretty and Japanese poem. Lovely and simple description. k.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your words are delicate but the tone is strong, I love that!
    Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment yesterday!

    ReplyDelete